So, I was in the mood for a healthy sweet treat so I searched the internet from some Sprouted Wheat Flour Chocolate cookies and and this GREAT recipe came up. So, you know I had to try it.
Now, in most cases I never make my sweet treat recipes exactly like I find them because sometimes the sweetener that is being used is not one that I prefer. So, in the recipe below is the way I baked the cookies but I will definitely give you the link to the original recipe. Must give credit where credit is due 🙂
Sprouted Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
Swerve (1 cup) — where to buy swerve
1 large egg
Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
Sprouted whole wheat flour (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) — where to buy sprouted flour
Baking soda (1/2 tsp)
Sea salt (1/2 tsp)
Organic non-GMO chocolate chips, available at the health food store (6 ounces)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add the butter and swereve to a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix together. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until just blended.
3. Add the sifted sprouted flour, baking soda, and sea salt to the bowl and mix until just blended. Add the chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
4. Drop half-teaspoonfuls of the dough onto baking sheets (I line my baking sheets with Silpat silicone baking mats). Bake 10-12 minutes.
5. Transfer cookies to wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Recipe Found at CheeseSlave
If you are wondering why I use Sprouted Wheat Flour…let me tell you why.
Sprouted Grains is more gentle on the digestive system so therefore the bodies digest it more like a vegetable versus a starch so it keeps the pounds from packing on when you want a nice treat 🙂
Now, lets look at how it all came together!
So, here is how the cookie dough looks like…and let me tell you the dough taste great..LOL
So, now they are ready to go into the oven. I just can’t wait for them to come out!!
WOOHOO!! They are all done and I have placed them on the cooling rack. Now, I couldn’t wait for them to completley cool down so that’s why you see one missing on the last row…LOL 🙂 The 4 cookies in the first row that’s kinda off and alone are the cookies my little lady ask me to make without the chocolate chips because she HATES Chocolate!! I know, I know..what child hates chocolate?
Be sure to let me know if you try this out! They are soo deslish!!